Photography as a practical and interdisciplinary endeavour
As professor of photography at btk Hamburg and former head of photography of the Bauhaus University’s Faculty of Media Art I have been guiding my students to win awards for themselves and grow as photography shooting stars in the central European scene for over six years now.
As facilitator I founded, edited and developed Loom Magazine, a multi-channel English-language photography magazine, as platform for student work and crossroads between photographic art and social relevance.
I also have helped developing interdisciplinary Master and Bachelor projects at Bauhaus-University. To widen the international focus at Bauhaus-University I supervised and broadened purposeful and fruitful academic exchange with renowned international art schools such as FAMU Prague, K3 Institut Malmö and TAMK Tampere.
- since 2013 — Professor of photography, undergraduate courses (Bachelor), btk Hamburg
- 2006 to 2012 — Head of the photography department at Faculty of Media at Bauhaus-University Weimar
Undergraduate courses at Bauhaus-University Weimar (Bachelor)
- Graduate courses at Bauhaus-University Weimar (Master, Diplom)
- Supervisor of 11 graduate students (4 award wining)
- 3.2013 — Envisoning Evidence, Kilpisjärvi Biological Station, Kilpisjärvi, Finland
- 2.2012 — Visiting professor, TAMK University, Tampere, Finland
- 2.2011 — The Catwalk Confidence Workout, TAMK University, Tampere, Finland
- 9.2010 — That Is You, Aalto University Helsinki, Finland
- 2.2010 — The Catwalk Instinct, Aalto University, Helsinki, Finland
- 9.2009 — Fiat Lux, TAIK University, Finland
- 2.2009 — Tableau Vivant, TAIK University, Finland
- 9.2008 — Dear Stranger!, TAIK University, Finland
- 5.2008 — The invisible portrait, TAMK University, Tampere, Finland
- 2.2008 — Paint the city with graffity, TAIK University, Finland
- 9.2007 — Places of Crime, TAIK University, Finland
- 8.2007 — Arte Povera, at EJBW, European youth educational center Weimar
- 9.2006 — In co-operation with Walter Bergmoser, Sleeples in Weimar, Pèlerinages Kunstfest Weimar, supported by the ZKM Kassel